ACSF Professional Development Awards
Provided through funding of the Lee Edwards High School Class of 1949, the Asheville-Buncombe County Unit of the NC Retired School Personnel, and generous community members such as yourself.
ACSF Professional Development Award Application
due OCTOBER 3OTH, 2018
The ACSF awards scholarships to Asheville City Schools (ACS) educators because we know that highly trained educators inspire high achievement among their students. These scholarships allow educators to further their educations and pursue advanced degrees and certifications, to stay current and expand their strategies by attending conferences and professional development, and to increase the students they reach by taking on new responsibilities and roles within the ACS.
Priority given to requests in this order:
- Support the growth of current ACS employees to move from serving as teacher assistants to classroom teachers, and to support teachers moving into leadership positions.
- Ensure that teachers who directly support our most vulnerable students have the skills and knowledge they need to succeed by providing access to relevant and timely professional development.
- Recognize and appreciate educators who have served with ACS for at least five years by supporting their growth.
- Meet the need for training and professional development in critical needs areas.
- Increase the number of educators with advanced degrees and certifications in the Asheville City Schools.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a completed application by October 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Professional Development Awards are only given once per year for the complete 2018-2019 school year.
Please note: Funds for graduate courses are awarded as reimbursements with a transcript demonstrating completion of course and performance of 3.0 or better.
For questions about PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARDS:
Development Associate & Student Scholarship Coordinator