Career OPPORTUNITIES at ACSF
Current open position as of April 23rd, 2018:
Community Engagement Liaison- Closes June 1st, 2018- Downloadable PDF of job description
Develop meaningful service-learning projects that bring UNC Asheville and Asheville City School students together so that everyone learns more. Build connections and collaborations between college faculty/students and K-12 teachers/students which strengthen our community through increased equity and opportunity.
Our dream candidate is:
- Connected to UNC Asheville as a graduate or employee
- Connected to Asheville City School students and families impacted by inequities through lived experiences
- Knowledgeable about K-12 education through training or teaching experience
- Outgoing, self-directed, an organized problem-solver, who is accountable, efficient, and fun
Salary & Benefits:
Mid-30s – 40k, commensurate with experience. Great benefits! This is an 11-month position with additional generous time-off, $2700 annual bonus to offset the cost of health insurance, and retirement contributions as described in our personnel handbook.
Please email a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for this position, a detailed resume with references from two recent places of employment. Reference information should include email address and phone number to: email@example.com. Please do not call or come by the office. Review of applications will begin immediately and close June 1.
The Asheville City Schools Foundation seeks a Community Engagement Liaison to deepen connections and strengthen the partnership between the Asheville City Schools Foundation (ACSF) and UNC Asheville (UNCA) to provide more meaningful and impactful opportunities for students from kindergarten through college.
As a result of this partnership:
- There will be a steady pipeline of volunteers to work with the students, staff, and families of the Asheville City Schools (ACS) and there will be sustainable opportunities for community engaged learning for UNCA students, faculty, and staff.
- K-12 students and families will be more connected and aware of UNCA resources. More ACS students will see UNCA as a viable option for pursuing higher education.
- Students in the ACS will experience greater success in cornerstone partnership programs such as In Real Life (IRL) after school due to the involvement with UNCA.
- A significant and constructive partnership will promote ongoing engagement between UNCA and the Asheville City School community.
- Mutual learning between the members of both communities will inform the work, research, and planning of both organizations
Increase the success of students in the Asheville City Schools by expanding opportunities for UNC Asheville students, faculty, and staff to engage meaningfully with Asheville City School students, teachers, and families.
- Identify and map current UNCA initiatives geared towards K-12 education.
- Coordinate logistics for priority community engagement opportunities.
- Identify Asheville City Schools priorities and align with UNC Asheville faculty, staff and student interests to develop service-learning opportunities for UNCA students and faculty in the Asheville City Schools
- Recruit and place volunteers from new and current partners at UNCA including athletics, student organizations, and faculty.
- Help develop and implement assessment tools to evaluate the impact of the partnership.
- Monitor grant requirements and report on outcomes.
- Place and train volunteers in In Real Life (IRL) programming.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in education or nonprofit volunteer management or relevant lived-experiences that align with job responsibilities
- Minimum of B.A.
- Demonstrated success working with volunteers and youth
- Previous experience creating, developing and leading projects
- Strong communication, relationship building, presentation and networking skills.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor; team player orientation; ability to interface with internal and external parties at all levels.
About The Asheville City Schools Foundation (ACSF): ACSF is an independent nonprofit. Our mission is to implement bold strategies, fund big ideas, and engage the community to increase excellence with equity in the Asheville City Schools. You can read more about the Asheville City Schools Foundation at www.acsf.org.
About the UNC Asheville Key Center for Community Engaged Learning: The Key Center for Community Engaged Learning is the hub of community engagement at UNC Asheville, connecting students, faculty, staff, and community partners in meaningful and transformative relationships that strengthen communities and address societal needs. Whether it's a one-time project, an ongoing commitment, or an academic service-learning course, our primary goal is to support and facilitate UNC Asheville community members as they connect and engage with the larger communities of Asheville, Western North Carolina, the nation and the world.
ACSF’s board adopted policy prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. We actively solicit participation from all ethnic and racial backgrounds.This job description is simply a description of the position and its normal duties. It is in no way intended to serve as any form of contract.